April 2, 2011

FedEx Claus

Over lunch today the boys asked why we don't celebrate Easter. I did my best to explain it to them and made a mental note to join a synagogue and sign them up for Sunday school immediately.
The subject naturally turned to Christmas and my oldest son told me that he really wished he would get presents from Santa Claus.
So I asked them both if they really believed that Santa Claus brought presents to all the girls and boys in one night on his reindeer and sleigh.
My little guy's eyes were huge as he vigorously nodded yes.
Oh, he believes.
But my older son was a little more suspicious.
"No," he said. "I don't think that's what happens."
"What do you think happens?" I asked.
He said, "I think Santa uses FedEx."

Itsalifesentence is now on Facebook!

No comments:

Labels