April 4, 2011

Brotherly Spud

My oldest son has unique taste in television for a five-year-old. One of his favorite shows is Barefoot Contessa. Not exactly classic children's programming, but I'm chalking it up to genetics. My grandfather was in the food business, my dad owned a restaurant and everyone else in my family, and my husband's family, really likes to eat.
Dora and Diego never stood a chance.
So one afternoon both boys were sitting around watching Ina Garten make a pear clafouti when my oldest son became inspired.
He jumped off the couch and shouted, "Mommy, I have a new game!"
I asked, "Yeah, what is it?"
"I'm going to be Ina Garten," he said. "And he (he said pointing to his baby brother) is a potato."

It's A Life Sentence is now on Facebook.

2 comments:

Todd Coslow said...

Love it! Peyton loves watching Cooking Channel with me as well

Juliazenaide said...

I thought he was going to ask you to make pear clafouti for dinner ;)
PS have you tried Ina Garten's turkey meatloaf recipe? It's the best.

Labels